Philippians 1:3 ("I thank my God upon every remembrance of you...")
I count every remembrance of my loved ones a blessing...and every image is a continued blessing!
Welcome to my bloghome! Here I share favorite images, special moments, information, honors and little glimpses into my life. You are welcome to share in my life as is seen through my eyes, my lens and my vision. ~sherry boles
Absolutely NO COPYING these images in any way (which includes downloading) without EXPRESS permission from the photographer! It's against the law and not very nice. All images in this blog are property of sherry s. boles and are protected by Federal Copyright Laws. A download tracker is installed on this blog.

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Tears, Prayers and Memories

In the early morning hours, waiting on my darling daughter to fall asleep...as has become our lifestyle (thanks to chronic insomnia which even medicines haven't been able to control but that's another story)...I stumbled upon a blog post shared by someone on social media.  The post was about a family facing the birth of a child asking for continued prayers.  As I dug deeper, I found that the family was facing the birth of a child with an extremely low chance of survival according to the "experts."  My heart ached for this young family as they sought to see God's will in their struggles and faced them with prayer.

Then tears and memories came rushing in like crashing waves. 
I remembered carrying the child over which I was now losing sleep.
I remembered her being a night owl even in the womb.  (Her kicks and twists becoming more aggressive while I was trying to rest for the night.)
I remembered choosing her middle name, Hope, for several reasons but mostly because that was what I was holding onto as I carried her during a difficult time in the pregnancy.
I remembered ER visits.
I remembered her early arrival.
I remembered hearing the word "STAT" from the doctor as my warm newborn was hastily put on my stomach so the doctor could deal with complications.
I remembered watching her struggle to breathe before being rushed away by ambulance to NICU at a bigger hospital.
I remembered the compassion of the doctor as he released me reluctantly to be with my baby instead of keeping me to have the blood transfusion as he preferred.
I remembered visiting her in NICU...a machine helping keep her lungs inflated, machines monitoring her, lights helping with jaundice.
I remembered our first Mother's Day...only getting to visit her during visiting hours.
I remembered all the struggles that we both faced with our health issues over the next several months.
I remembered that once I could hold her...I never wanted to let her go.

And, in that moment, with tears flooding my eyes, I said another prayer of thanks.

My daughter started off life struggling just to breathe.  Her life has been a continual line of hurdles to overcome.  However, she isn't alone.  We face each challenge as a family...a praying family.

We have so much for which we are so thankful and I say another prayer of thanks every time I reminded of that fact.